Before Steve found his way into accounting in the late ‘80s and excelled quickly in his accounting career and soon became the leader of a large local CPA firm’s tax practice. After serving in this role for 20 years, he joined Froehling Anderson in 2009. A partner within the firm’s Tax Services Department, Steve serves as a specialist on complex issues ranging from estate to partnership taxation.
Known for his taxation expertise, Steve is regularly sought after to lead seminars on current and complex tax law for professional associations and private vendors throughout the country. “My past experience as a musician has helped me feel comfortable in front of large groups,” he says
For Steve, helping his clients and colleagues understand complex, technical tax and business issues is what it’s all about. Which probably has a lot to do with why he was named a ‘Super CPA’ by both Minnesota Law & Politics and Twin Cities Business Monthly.
Outside of the office, Steve keeps his performance skills sharp by continuing to play the occasional trumpet gig. he says his favorite activities are spending time with his wife and coaching his son’s sports teams.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Stock and Other Incentive Based Compensation
- Multi-State Taxation
- Representing taxpayers before various taxing authorities
- Serving as an expert witness in taxation during litigation proceedings
- LLC Structuring and Operations
- Estate Planning for high net worth individuals
- Executive and Owner Compensation Planning and Facilitation
- Strategic Planning and Buy-sell Planning
- Estate and Trust Tax Compliance